Friday, November 16, 2012

Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a splendid week and that you are excited for Thanksgiving. This past week I was able to complete my display on Carol Ronen.

http://wla-archives.tumblr.com/

Please check it out!


This week, I decided to change my mind on the organization I will focus on. I felt compelled to research the Feminist Forum because it has been non-existent this year, but they actually held their first meeting last night. I attended and the group was very pleased to know that I am making an exhibit for them.

Here are some photos and papers I am including into my display.






These are only a few examples of what I have been going through this past week. It has all been very interesting because this is an inspirational and respected organization at our school and I am able to trace its origins. The downfall to the collection we have at the WLA is that we hold information from 1995 to 2002. This leaves a ten year gap which does not allow me to look into what they have been working on recently. I have contacted the WSGS department, but they told me that they do not have a lot of information on file. Something specific I wanted to point out is that in the photo posted above, Gloria Steinem attended Loyola. This woman has been active in feminist issues in the United States for quite some time, so I hope my readers enjoy learning about her in my display.

No comments:

Post a Comment